Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Garden Afternoon

I've been enjoying my garden lately. Quite a lot. The snail who took this picture was upset because I'm thinning out his forest to play in.
I'm dehydrating Kale chips. Blending up smoothies. Living the life, really.
Do you guys ever garden like this? Sometimes I just can't find the other Croc, and who has the patience for that now really... Rod made me promise I would only wear Crocs while gardening (the stay-at-home-mom in me is tempted to rock these suckers all day, they are SOOOOOO comfortable but SO u.g.l.y.). I can kind of imagine myself as an 80 year old woman rocking a church dress and some crocs on Sunday....Don't worry guys, I'll wait til I'm 80.
Isn't nature amazing? These voluptuous greens were just little seeds 2 months ago.
I'm so obsessed with my broccoli. OBSESSED.
I feel like I'm bragging.
A friendly hello to you from my favorite garden companion. Usually I glance over while I'm "harvesting" and he's shoving flower buds into his mouth. So far, they don't seem too harmful.
Once we are done in the garden, it's time to place catch.
Even if I think its time to water the roses. My boss has different orders and we must keep our deadlines or else there is hell to pay.
After our game of catch I get to watering those plants and 9 times out of 10 this is what happens to my little best friend. Soaked to his diaper.
So I grab him to snatch a little snuggle, because what idiot wouldn't want to snuggle a wet baby?
The prime minister objects.
Then I do the dishes, make dinner, and watch Oprah.
(curtsy)

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful life!
    And I'm jealous of your Broccoli, if you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet post hil - I enjoyed that one - your good at expressing your day in a satisfying manner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...