Friday, May 20, 2011

18 months

My little boy is 18 months old. Which is sad because I remember when he used to look like this.
(Oh my--doesn't this pic just make you laugh out loud? Ah....)And that seemed like it was yesterday. Well, it was last year.
It's amazing how much they change (insert more cliche expressions, etc). But it's true.


On with the 18 month update. It's all about the tractors, trucks, balls, and puppies (which it has been about now for a while). His newest thing is apple juice. He'll wake up in the middle of the night and yell, with what I swear is the same decibel level as an adult and with perfect diction, "Apple JUUUUICE!" (fyi apple juice is really like flavored water). At which point, Rod and I grumble about who's turn it is to get out of bed and pacify our 18 MONTH OLD!!!...(shouldn't this have stopped by now?) He loves juice, fruit snacks, and pirate's booty. (must have gotten that from his dad...;)I wish he loved broccoli, whole wheat, and asparagus--maybe in time...

His new favorite sport is golf. I got him these $2 plastic golf clubs from target and he whacks every ball in sight. He's even learning how to hold and swing the club with 2 hands. He also loves to watch golf on TV with his dad (how boring...I know---I've also taught him how to get really excited for Oprah--he cheers and sits on my lap in the beginning and then 5 minutes into it begs for Dora the Explorer). He also loves it when he gets to go to the course with Grandpa, Aaron, and Rod.
I wonder what he thinks about.

L just came out of his Elmo phase, which is kind of sad, because I love Elmo. Now its all about Dora the Explorer. He says "Dah-wa" like she's Asian instead of Latin. He repeats any word you say to him and is now starting to string words together in sentences.
"We did it."
"What is it?"
"All done."
"Thank you."
"I want that."
"pay gahpf" (play golf)
"Hold you"
etc...

I am loving this phase, he is a lot of fun and becoming so independent. He's also starting to learn right from wrong, so he knows he's in trouble if he hits mommy in the face with his golf club---so we aren't fighting those battles as much as we used to because he hates time out (even if its only for 20 seconds).
He's also very expressive with his face. AND (best part) he loves to give hugs and kisses now. So I love that.
Lucky to be this little one's mama. I love you Landon and I'm grateful everyday!

1 comment:

  1. so cute Hil, so so cute. 18 months is such a fun age. They are just starting to become little people. I love that he is all boy, the golfing pics are killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...