Monday, May 16, 2011

2 Weddings and a Missionary (3 of 3)

It's a rare occasion when you find a true friend out in that Hollywood mayhem of living your dream business. I've found the longer you are there (LA) and the better jobs you get, the less creepy the people are... (I'm remembering reluctantly attending auditions for an "amazing independent film" in some creepy guys "common area" of some run-down San Fernando Valley apartments etc). Sure there are lots of acquaintances, nice people, and memories made with people of whom you think fondly, but a REAL friend--I only consider myself to have made a handful of those while pursuing Hollywood.

One of those real soul-sisterly friends I have is Mimi.
This is Mimi and I before dancing at the 2009 Emmy's with Josh Groban.
I remember meeting Mimi the first year I was in LA at an audition for "Show Me the Money" (which she booked and I did not) and thinking she was more friendly and kind than most girls at an audition. I forget exactly when we became great friends, it feels like we have known each other our whole lives. We went on to work on a number of dance jobs together over the years, which then turned into lots of double dates with boyfriends who were not right for us, which then turned into double dates with boyfriends who eventually became our husbands. (yay!)

There are many things to love about Mimi, including that she was once Pineapple Fanta of the "Fantanas (oh yeah!)." She artistic, non-judgemental, a great person to share a laugh with, and loving. I've never once, in the 5 years that I've known her, hear her say anything negative about anyone (seriously). That's why it's always especially wonderful to see a friend who you love, adore, and respect so much find their deserving match. I knew when she and Mike got engaged that I would be shedding many tears of joy at their wedding...and let me tell you, this girl is one hell of a wedding planner.

Here are a few pics I snapped over the few days we were there.

Flying from Salt Lake to Palm Springs, Landon learned how to say "cheese" at the airport. Now his pictures are so much more dignified.

The desert is so much more beautiful from above while sitting in A/C. Aerial shot of the Grand Canyon on our way down south.
Ah, sleeping baby on a plane. Perfect on so many levels.
On the night of the rehearsal dinner, it was 1500 degrees, important people were passing out left and right--the shade, however was nice. Loved the view we had for the ceremony.
This is one of the only pics I have of Mike, (my bad) he was a great master of ceremonies at the talent show.
How awesome were Meems' bouquets? I loved the combo of springy flowers with succulents. I had never seen that before and thought it was so perfect for a Palm Springs wedding.
Beautiful Bride.

Look at this set up. LOOK AT THAT. One of the most gorgeous weddings I have been too.
I got to have the honor of sitting at the wedding party table with my handsome husband because I was one of Mimi's bridesmaids. :)
I loved the dresses.
The ceremony was conducted by a Rabbi and was a very touching exchange of vows and familial acknowledgements by both Mimi and Mike. However, Mimi in the bouncing wedding chair was in a close rivalry with the ceremony for my favorite part of the weekend.
Growing up Catholic, I bet Mike didn't imagine that he would be doing this at his wedding someday--but I'm sure he's so glad that he did. :) A great tradition. So fun.
Did I tell you that Borat made an appearance?
Lots of dancing, So fun. Great live band. Perfect weekend.
Back with the babysitter--Landon learned how to turn the ice bucket into a hat. We're so very proud.
Looking forward to next trip. But probably not as much as this little guy.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous wedding and bride! After your description of her I want to be her best friend too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, your child actually sleeps on airplanes?! I am SO jealous...;) I love how happy Landon is at the airport and on public transportation (or is that an airport shuttle?). So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HILARY!!!! I LOVE YOU! I feel so special and loved, wow. I feel the same way about you. We are SOUL SISTER FRIENDS!!!! Nobody has ever blogged about me, lol! I am feeling pretty cool right now. :) Can't wait to spend time in Hermosa this July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a GREAT writer. I am laughing out loud, and crying. You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...