Friday, May 13, 2011

2 Weddings and a Missionary (1 of 3)

We've had a busy few weeks, (thank heavens--something to keep my mind of the fact that we have to move at any given moment only we STILL don't know what city we will be in yet...) so yes, trips to Utah and Palm Springs to celebrate some great milestones of our family and close friends have been a welcomed distraction. I guess I'll start chronologically with the missionary.
I love little diaper butts. Landon has been on a few airplanes in his day but this was the trip where he realized that we left the Earth. He loved take-off but once the cars got a little too small, he was in my lap holding on to my neck for dear life with some worried tears. Luckily, he was a little more calm and introspective as the plane landed.
Next stop: The Ranch. These aren't pics from Christmas, that is May 3rd folks. This is the main reason I don't live in Utah, for anyone who is wondering. I feel for all who do in the winter time. Landon had fun with Grammy in the snow.
He also loves to bug his cousin Sophie. They have a good laugh.
Elder McKinley Smoot with the 3 Stooges. I can't believe my baby brother is old enough to be on a mission to Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Oh, did I mention that Landon had diarrhea for 5 days while we were in Utah? That was especially awesome. We both survived the worst diaper-rash on record with a little help from Grammy and Grampy, along with cornstarch and butt paste.
He was a good little toddler when confined to his towel so we could "air it out."

My Dad is obsessed with Chuck'o'Rama. So that was the pre-MTC lunch spot. Unfortunately this was the best picture I had of the four of them.
It was a beautiful day in Provo when we dropped McKinley off. It's days like this that make be re-think the comment on the picture above. Landon loved the big lawn and the big lawn mowing equipment, and even whispered to me after chasing the missionaries around who were enjoying their P-day, "Mom, I hope they call me on a mission."
Now wouldn't that be something...
It really went more like this "Mama! Ball! Tractor! Kinlee. Bye bye. See ya."
Which I took to mean..."I hope they call me on a mission."

1 comment:

  1. So sad I missed you while you were in town! Congrats to McKinley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...