Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Off to The Big Easy and The Big Apple

image found here
Yes! Finally! A vacation! A REAL vacation. It's been about 18 months. While we do try to make the best of our weekends and do little day trips here and there, there is nothing like take a full week off to do some fun things.

Landon and I are headed to New Orleans to visit family and Rod will join us at the end of the week. I'm so excited to see my cousins and family down there, eat some great southern food, and listen to some Jazz.

image found here
Then Landon gets to hang out with my Mom while Rod and I go to NYC!!!! I am so excited. We are basically going to the Big Apple for the sole purpose to eat really ridiculous food. Seriously. And I'm just hoping that our fluorescent fanny packs, maps, and baggy jeans (remember when it used to be tapered jeans we made fun of?...) wont make us stand out with all those chic New Yorkers.
I'm not sure if I will ever get over the colossal undertaking that it is to travel with a child. It's astonishing the amount of CRAP that you have to lug with one little child. I'm sure its going to cost us an extra $500 to check everything. I'm hoping for the best. Anyway, there will be lots to blog about in two weeks, and hopefully we will know our permanent family destination when we get back.

We really need this. Praise the glorious vaycay.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...