Monday, April 11, 2011

We kind of went all reckless on this last one...



(Dude, it was freaking chilly...)
It's true. It was a ten day whirlwind, especially if that whirlwind was 40 degrees and humid with a wind chill. I took 578 pictures because I was so excited to blog about something other than the backyard.

Landon was a champ. Here is the short rundown.

Wed, March 30--my mom Nan, me, and Landon fly to Louisiana. Landon did pretty well on the plane. I felt spoiled because I had my mom with me to help. Otherwise I would have hit the "delete" button for sure.

Fri Apr 1, Rod joins us (after I drive to the airport at 1am to pick him up). We spend the next few days visiting with my Louisiana family and eating obscene amounts of fried food and crawfish.

Tuesday, Apr 5-Rod and I wake up at 3:45 am, ditch the kid, and drive to the airport and hang in NYC from the Apr 5-10. My mom agrees to fly with Landon back to Denver and then take him to Oakland to do the grandparent hand-off. BIG props to my mom (and all those years of being a flight attend so she is fearless in the face of a strong-willed toddler and fuselage)! The sole purpose of the NYC trip was to be an eating one, and we also wanted to pick a place we would never, I repeat, NEVER dream of taking a toddler. New York fit the bill. We both gained close to 10 lbs in 10 days. This is where I hit the "pause" button on HealthGirl. :)
View from our hotel room
It was great. And I am going to be posting individual posts of the vaycay in reverse order because NYC is still fresh in my mind and Louisiana is definitely going to be a baby-overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...