Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hello Snail Breath


Landon has been known to put a few handfuls of dirt in his mouth or chew on a few rocks every now and again. B.O.Y. Clearly the reason for "stick and snails and puppy dogs tails" types of nursery rhymes.

Anyway, the other day I saw him gagging while he was standing over by the vegetable garden. Of course my first instinct is to have a heart attack. The next is to panic and think that he is choking on a rock. As I rush to his side, I notice something sticky in his hand and half of a crushed snail on the bed of rocks under his feet.

I shove my finger in the shape of a hook in his mouth and dig for anything I can. But of course he bites down with all his might, not wanting to let go of his French culinary brunch that he found in the garden.

I peel whatever was left of the snail out of his hand and throw it on the ground, trying to contain my gag reflex, and dive in for round two.

Ugh. I hit something hard at the roof of his mouth. Slowly pulling it out for examination...yes, just as I feared: Snail shell.

Now comes the dry heaving. By me, not him.

Landon, safe from choking, now smiles big and moves in for a kiss. Kids get over the most traumatic events with the greatest of ease.

Why thank you little pants-less snail breath.

4 comments:

  1. Landon and Will (and Hailey I might add) would be the best of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Escargot! Bon appétit Landon! Maybe he'll go on a mission to France??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have a preview of what I'm in for now that I have a boy : ) I thought the story was pretty hilarious, of course that's because it wasn't' my child and I wasn't fishing a half eaten snail out of his mouth. I'm sure I'm in for my share of that stuff soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaauuggghhhhhhh!!! I'm DYYYYYIIIIINNNNNGGGG!!

    That's gross, dude.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...