Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome to the Jungle

It's always a little difficult and exciting to to move to a new place for somewhat the same reasons: making new friends, finding your way around, and creating a new schedule so that your days aren't spent in sweats with no make-up. (I might be speaking from experience on that last one, despite the MADE teachings...)
Luckily, I knew a few nice people when I moved here (one being my cousin and another a girl I went to HIGH SCHOOL with...this is really crazy because I went to a teensy-tiny high school in Kamas, UT). Anyway, Megan (girl from high school), was very nice to invite us to this beyond WONDERFUL place called "The Jungle" where for $3 on Tuesday all of my dreams come true. Landon plays in what I am sure is a disgusting, germ infested, but oh-so-fun sea of balls, while I can talk to adults for an hour.
Little buddy thought he had died an gone to heaven. I love the little blondie competing for playtime surrounded by Asian babies. Welcome to Cupertino. :) He better get used to competing with Asians if we stay here, apparently they are the reason "the schools are so amazing" here. (which makes me happy--another reason I like the Bay area--diversity) That's all anyone talks about in the Bay area...I didn't realize how competitive PUBLIC SCHOOL was until I moved here.

Where I grew up, you just went to the closest, super pimped-out school building and received your sub-par education from 20% of teachers who cared and 80% of teachers who were just there to coach sports and ride horses. 80% of the students got between a 3.75-4.0 GPA, were involved in 25 extra-curricular activities, and never did homework--which was awesome--until the ACT came around and everyone got a 19. In California, these schools look like run-down, dilapidated bomb shelters but apparently everyone in attendance is going to Harvard someday. Or so I hear.
How cute are all those little babies!?! I digress.
Aside from the "ball-pit" we found a little snoopy truck. He's totally obsessed with driving anything, so this was especially fun for him. I couldn't get any big smiles because when he is around trucks and cars its more of a "Get out of the way Mom! I've got a job to do," mentality, rather than a "whee! this is fun," kind of a thing.
We will be returning to this place for sure...maybe after pre-school prep class. (wink, wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...