Friday, February 18, 2011

Pixar, wet shoes, and a canole {from ScarJo}

It all started out with a really wet, really unnecessary drive to Berkeley to look at a holistic-based culinary school. (I've been stalking this idea for a LONG time now and decided to take some necessary steps to give it a try).

Of course I picked the wettest day of the year. And wore mary janes for the occasion. Genius.

Anyway, after parking, walking (with a toddler in my arms) for 6 blocks in a driving deluge of rain with my inverted umbrella (which blew up because of the hurricane-like winds); I arrived for my "interest" meeting looking like a chihuahua who had been hosed down with high-powered sprinkler head, and a blue-lipped, shivering child on my hip.

The meeting was supposed to last an hour, but because my toddler wouldn't stop yelling and pulling glass items off the metal industrial shelving hanging around, the counselor I spoke to said, "You know what? I'm a little distracted. I think we should reschedule for a phone interview."

This, after the lady told me that she was a grandma and great with kids.

Hmmm. Wish I would have known that a phone interview was a possibility BEFORE I drove over an hour and braved the highway water slide to "check out the campus" during nap time. Love that.

The day wasn't a total bust. My friend from the BYU dance days has been working as an animator for Pixar (because he's amazing like that) for the last few years and, in spite of my swamp-thing appearance--he invited us to Pixar for lunch.
I think Pixar is maybe the next best place to Disneyland because they have all these life-sized statues and really cool sketches from all the great movies they make. Plus they have a really amazing food court with all compostable utensils and gourmet health food. Landon's happy and so was Mom.
Cute little pic of Emron and Landon. We ate lunch at said food court and in the middle of our deliciousness, one of Emron's coworkers came by and said, "Here's a Scarlett Johansson canole for the baby." I figured it was some inside joke that they had. Emron told me that Scarlett Johansson had been into to meet with casting (this delightful canole-giver was apparently in charge of casting) so we figured he was just making reference to the previous day.

Don't worry, Landon wolfed that canole down and even did the double "more"--saying it and the "more" in sign language--which I equate with something like, "More! Damn it!"
Me and Landon with the Incredibles.
Don't worry, the shark wasn't real.
He didn't quite know what to make of these.
Why is this so hilarious?
Landon was going crazy with the toy packaging.

After our little tour of Pixar and nice visit with Emron, he texts me to say that the canole actually was FROM Scarlett Johansson. She apparently sent it to casting as a "thank you" after the meeting. It was fun to have a little Hollywood experience even though I have been out of Hollywood for a few years now. If I had only known that canole's secured roles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...