Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Funny, New York

Hey, look at me guys! I'm on the subway! With sunglasses on!
Well, now that we got that nonsense out of the way...
Just a few things you wouldn't see in your typical American suburb. Honestly, as much as the convenience of the suburbs is just waaay easier when raising a family, hoofing it around NYC made me fantasize about moving into a 500 sqft apt so I could see signs in the subway like this everyday.
What IDIOT does that? Honestly. (Clearly idiots of all nations must do it because the sign was in 15 different languages.)

Hmmm. Good to know.
Not that HIV or anal cancer is a laughing matter but the public service announcements were definitely...interesting. What you can't see very well on this one is the picture of the skeleton in the bottom corner with his anus ablaze. I think the red letters were enough to get the picture. Yikes.
These next few were taken from this glorious little "Pinkberry" style rice pudding dessert shop called Rice to Riches. Best Marketing EVER. Delicious too, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Wise, wise words.
Phew. Thank goodness Rod saw this sign. He was just about to sit on the curb to do his business (as depicted in the rendering) and luckily we looked up and saw this painted on the side of the building. TRAGEDY AVOIDED.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard I almost swallowed my gum! Those signs are hilarious! So glad you took pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...