Friday, January 28, 2011

Is it worth the hassle?...Yes, it is.


I decided to take the Little Buddy with me on a jaunt to J.Crew in Los Gatos. One of my besties, who I sometimes call Pineapple Fanta, is getting married and I had to return one of the two bridesmaid dresses I ordered. Along the way, I found a few things to covet.
Jellies!!! These are cute, right? I thought it might be nostalgia taking over. Didn't every girl own at least one pair of jellies? I know the blisters were well worth it to my second grade self. I almost bought some of these ballet-flat jellies, but refrained. I might go back...
We headed over to my other favorite store, Williams-Sonoma, where we didn't stay long because I forgot the stroller. You can see how this particular store could be a disaster waiting to happen with an unusually fast toddler.

A slightly more expensive indulgence. I have a Ruffoni copper saucepan that I got when Rod and I got married a few years ago. Ah, to have a stockpot. This is something I admire every time I go in this store. They never go on sale.
Thank heavens I don't bake! Although this is something rather affordable, I thought these little space cadet cupcake cases were precious.
You can't tell by his face but he was really into the cut-outs.
Its good to get some fresh air. I know I can get lost in the minutia of day to day responsibilities of just keeping the house clean and my child fed. Even though this entire trip lasted about 30 minutes, it was well worth chasing the little guy around. I got to drool over cute clothes and expensive kitchen gear, and he got to pet a few puppies and run wild in a few stores. Both were satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. Your boy is so handsome. My co-worker think he looks like Matt Damon. Chew on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Let's hope it's Matt Damon a la "Good Will Hunting" and not "The Informant.";)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...